Saturday, 28 October 2017

Review: Legionnaire (Galaxy's Edge Book 1)

When Nick Cole, and Jason Anspach started their endeavour of making "Making Star Wars Great Again", over at Galactic Outlaws. I though it might be interesting, but I never thought it could be so enthralling. What the series until now is, is a lot of things. It's a healthy mix of space opera, and military sci-fi, but what it is always, is worth reading. Today, I'll focus just on the first book in the series, titled Legionnaire.

Best way to describe Legionnaire is to say the book is like Generation Kill but set in space on some God forsaken planet at the edge of the galaxy. That said, if you have ever seen the show, Legionnaire is better. And for the longest time I was looking for a reason why that is so. It does it's characters justice. It does the Legionnaires justice. It's brimming with protagonists who are from the get-go likable, and once you get to know them better, lovable. You root for them, you feel for them. And when they start fuming about the incompetence of appointed officers, you'll be ranting over "points" too.

I would like to say there is more to the book, but I'd rather have you read it for yourself. Trust me, it's worth it. If you ever enjoyed anything like a military film you'll enjoy it, and if you like a good story about heroics in space you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Legionnaire (Galaxy's Edge Book 1)

When Nick Cole, and Jason Anspach started their endeavour of making "Making Star Wars Great Again", over at Galactic Outlaws . I...